You can contact us if you have questions or need to report anything
Q Bio, Inc.
410 Brewster Ave.
Redwood City, CA 94063
Our Site is not for children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data or Health Information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data or Health Information to Q Bio and we learn that the Personal Data or Health Information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data or Health Information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site is not designed for Users Outside of the United States
We collect the following types of information
We obtain information
Collected via Technology. Certain technology, such as Cookies, Pixel Tags, and Analytics Service technologies may collect information from Unregistered Non-Members, Registered Non-Members, and Registered Members while you are on our Site.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site and Services, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Site and Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to determine if the computer or device used to access the Site and Services is authorized to view your data or Account information.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, website beacons, or website bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of website users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in website pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format that users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of tracking on our site.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our platform, which includes server (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) and client side software to collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
You Provide to Us. Q Bio may collect information from Unregistered Non-Members, Registered Non-Members and Registered Members who utilize our Site and Services.
- Information collected from Unregistered Non-Members, Registered Non-Members and Registered Members.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We may also collect Personal Data at points in our Site that request Personal Data or otherwise state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information collected from Registered Non-Members and Registered Members.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- Our Site lets you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser, or mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as the Personal Data that you store using your Account.
- We may also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support of the Services.
- Additional Information Collected from Registered Members.
- We may collect Health Information from you when you register your Account, during each Q Exam, when you choose to share your Health Information with us through your Q Bio profile, and when you authorize us to compile your medical records created by healthcare professionals you consulted prior to joining Q Bio.
- We may collect information about your healthcare professionals or other designated individuals from you when you sign up for our Services and when you choose to grant a healthcare professional or other individual permission to view your Q Bio profile as a Registered Non-Member.
- We may collect your payment information, as well as any needed contact information and a delivery address of any recipient when and if we provide your Health Information and any cryostored specimens at your request.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as the Personal Data and Health Information that you store using your Account.
- When your Health Information is uploaded through our Services, the information will be stored in our servers (or those of our service providers and affiliates) and shared only with individuals to whom you grant access.
Collected from Third Parties. Q Bio may collect information from third parties.
- We may collect information about Registered Members from the third party labs and other providers that analyze your anonymized biological specimens that we gather as part of the Service.
- We may collect information gathered by third party providers we work with in order to provide the Service to Registered Members, like imaging centers.
- We may collect information about Registered Members from previous healthcare professionals through a third party medical records aggregation service with your consent.
- Individuals to whom you grant access to your Health Information through the Q Bio platform as Registered Members who may upload, annotate or provide supplemental information.
- We may collect information about Unregistered Non-Members, Registered Non-Members, and Registered Members from our partners and third parties, such as advertising networks, for to refine our Site and Services and for advertising purposes.
We take steps to secure the information provided to us
Maintaining the privacy of Registered Non-Members’ Personal Data and Registered Members’ Personal Data and Health Information is important to us.
Q Bio employs a range of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to secure Personal Data.
You play a role in securing your own information
You play a vital role in protecting your own Personal Data and Health Information. When registering on the Q Bio Site, it is important to choose a password of sufficient length and complexity, to not reveal this password to any third parties, and to immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your Account. Q Bio will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited call or an unsolicited email. We may ask you to confirm personal identifiers when registering an Account or requesting support, which we use in conjunction with other security measures — such as email verification — to confirm your identity and safeguard your personal information.
We will use the information we collect
In general, we use the information we collect to provide Services, conduct the Research Study, respond to requests, or to aid us in serving you better.
If you are an Unregistered Non-Member, Registered Non-Member or Registered Member we use your Personal Data to:
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services
- for internal administrative purposes
- respond to inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests
- facilitate our advertising and customer/prospective customer outreach efforts
- improve our service offerings, such as by better understanding Member or prospective Member demographics, interests, locations, or other information.
In addition, if you are a Registered Non-Member or Registered Member, we use your Personal Data to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network
- identify you as a user in our system
- provide the Services you request
- send you Account verification e-mails or text messages in order to secure access to your Account
- send e-mails or text messages in order to provide the Service
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories
If you are a Registered Member, your Personal Data and/or Health Information are additionally used to:
- conduct each Q Exam, including sample and imaging collection and analysis
- compile and store your Health Information for your use
- facilitate our Research Study
- develop measurement protocols optimized to identify pathologies dependent on individual risk factors
- develop generalized and personalized models of human biological processes
- develop diagnostics and clinical decision support tools
- grant access to your Q Bio profile to healthcare professionals and other individuals to whom you grant access, as Registered Non-Members
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Q Bio
- for internal administrative purposes
- improve our algorithms and derive insights to make our Site and Services more accurate and useful to you and other Members
- develop new techniques and service offerings
We may create Anonymous Data records from the Personal Data and Health Information we obtain from Unregistered Non-Members, Registered Non-Members or Registered Members by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you, and in some cases by linking such information to a unique cookie identifier. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may share the information we collect
We may share information with:
- Third Parties Designated by You. The Personal Data and Health Information provided by you as a Registered Member will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information in part or in whole, anonymized or de-anonymized according to your preferences. We may share your Personal Data and Health Information with your healthcare professionals and other individuals to whom you provide access as Registered Non-Members. You may change who has access to your Health Information at any time by logging into your Q Bio Registered Member account.
- Users. We will share your Personal Data and Health Information with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share the Personal Data of Unregistered Non-Members, Registered Non-Members and Registered Members with third party service providers to: conduct quality assurance testing, to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Q Bio. In addition, we may share the Personal Data of Registered Non-Members and Registered Members to: facilitate creation of Accounts. The Personal Data and/or Health Information of Registered Members will be shared to: provide you with Services; facilitate a Q Exam and related sample analysis; conduct our Research Study; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Q Bio. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data and/or Health Information other than to provide the services requested by Q Bio, and many are required by law to implement certain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your identifiable Health Information.
- Advertising Partners. We may share Anonymous Data with our advertising partners to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you, such as those displayed on third party websites, as informed by other advertisements that previously clicked or pages viewed.
We may also share information as a result of:
Information about Third Party Websites that may be on our Site
You have choices regarding how we use your information for our Service
Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
We may retain your information
Information Retention. If you are an Unregistered Non-Member or a Registered Non-Member, we will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. If you are a Registered Member, we will retain your Personal Data and/or Health Information for the period necessary to provide you with Services and completed our Research Study, or as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.